Gauteng – A 55-year-old man was gunned down in front of his wife and son in Douglasdale in Fourways during the early hours of Saturday morning.
Netcare 911 spokesperson, Nick Dollman, said paramedics had responded to an emergency call of a shooting incident at a house in Douglasdale at around 03:30 on Saturday morning.
“Netcare 911 paramedics found the man in cardiac arrest and initiated an Advanced Life Support resuscitation as per their protocols,” he said.
“Tragically the victim had sustained severe injuries and their efforts to resuscitate him were unsuccessful.”
Police spokesperson Captain Mavela Masondo confirmed that police were investigating a case of murder and house robbery.
Masondo said the man’s wife and son had been present when the robbers attacked, but the two were not injured.
“The suspects took cellphones and watches before they fled the scene,” he said.
No arrests had been made.